South African borders reissuing Adjusted Level 3 Regulations on 11 January 2021.
Please take note that the closure of borders pertains only to land borders and NOT international air borders.
International air travel is operational and international flights continue operating to/from the following airports:
• OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
• King Shaka International Airport (DUR)
• Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
• Internal scheduled flight services continue as before.
South Africa has the following protocols in place:
• On arrival, all travellers are to present a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
• Arrival without this will result in mandatory quarantine at the travellers own cost.
• All travellers will be screened on arrival and those who show any symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to stay in quarantine until they test negative for the virus again.
• Travellers will be asked to install the South African government contact alert app.